Invisalign for Teens
Teens Bite Problems: From Simple to Complex
Invisalign can correct a variety of bite problems, including:
- Gapped Teeth: Gaps between the teeth
- Overbite: When the top teeth overlap the bottom teeth significantly
- Underbite: When the bottom teeth overlap the top teeth significantly
- Crossbite: When a tooth is either more pushed out or pushed in than its corresponding tooth on the other side
- Open Bite: When the two arches don’t fully come together when the jaw is closed
- Crowded Teeth: A common problem in teens in which it simply looks like there are too many teeth in the mouth
Teenagers often have more complex bite problems, but Invisalign can handle all the bite problems above.
Faster Than Braces, Equally Effective
Teens generally need to wear traditional braces for two years—but Invisalign usually takes only 12–18 months. While it’s faster, it’s still equally effective, and that makes it the obvious choice for many teens today.
Invisalign can give teens a huge confidence boost. There are no clunky-looking wires or brackets, which makes it much easier to smile. Even better, teens can feel confident knowing their teeth are getting straighter every day.
Less Time at the Orthodontist Than With Braces
With traditional braces, teens spend a lot of time at the orthodontist. With Invisalign, visits tend to be less frequent and shorter. Plus, since treatment time is shorter overall, the odds are high that the total time at the orthodontist is dramatically lower.